"Do I dare disturb the universe?"
~T.S. Eliot

Monday, May 17, 2010

A year since the cap and gown

A year ago from today, on May 17, 2009, I graduated from the University of Illinois.  It is a strange thing, reflecting on a year's worth of changes, roadblocks, accomplishments, and decisions, and all of the emotions that go along with these.  It's been a little bit of a roller coaster ride for me, and there were times that I missed college so much that I was on the verge of applying to grad schools simply so that I could live a student's life again.  This transitional year is so complicated and difficult in so many ways, emotionally, socially, economically...

As crazy as it feels to be a year out of college, and as difficult as some of the times have been, I am beginning to realize how much has happened.  I'm grateful for the opportunities that have arisen, in the fields of dance, teaching/choreography, writing, and physical therapy.  It might have taken some time after graduation to sort out my life, and I'm still reaching towards some lofty goals that will take years to accomplish.  But I think I have climbed a few steps of the ladder. I am terrified, excited, nervous, and anxiously awaiting the future...


"And now...let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Dumbledore, in HP6

No comments:

Post a Comment